Date:      Tue, 16 May 2000 20:08:30 -0600 (MDT)
From:      kschell@bigplanet.com
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Reliv in the News

Good evening,

I noticed this newswire story (relating to Reliv), this morning and thought you might be interested in taking a look. BTW, how's your Reliv Business coming along? I had visited your web site earlier today and just wanted to let you know about the company that I represent, Life Plus, International.

I've developed an entire Support Site (for the distributors in my personal group)
(AS FEATURED ON KULR-8 TELEVISION) including:

* FREE Self Replicating Life Plus Web Stores (NEW Life Plus Web Stores Coming Soon)
* FREE NewsGram Health Newsletters (posted at wpmg)
* FREE Self Replicating World Plus Web Sites
* FREE Marketing Programs
* FREE ProSTEP leads
* Index Page personalized Web Domains / Web Sites (with your personal information embedded)
  SAMPLE Site: http://www.wpmg.net
  ++ Much, Much more.

For more information, just click on the 'Click Here to Listen' button at:
http://www.wpmg.net

If your situation ever changes with Reliv, I'd appreciate your consideration as being a potential sponsor in Life Plus, International.

Wishing you all the best of Success,

Keith Schell.
Life Plus, International
Tel: 406-245-6141
VM: 800-339-7093

Reliv International Net Income Doubles Versus Prior-Year Period; Net Sales Decrease As Company Trims Contract Manufacturing Business
May 16, 2000
CHESTERFIELD, Mo., May 15 /PRNewswire/

Reliv International, Inc. (Nasdaq: RELV), an international manufacturer and network marketer of nutritional supplements and other products, today announced significantly improved results for the first quarter of 2000 compared to the prior-year period. The company's net income more than doubled, to $163,000 ($.02 per share), compared to net income of $67,000 ($.01 per share) for the same period in 1999.

As anticipated, Reliv's net sales decreased, reflecting the company's efforts to reduce its contract manufacturing activities, many of which have proven unprofitable. Net sales totaled $15.1 million in 1Q2000, down from $17.7 million in the prior-year period.

Robert L. Montgomery, President and Chief Executive Officer of Reliv, said, "We are pleased and encouraged to see the company return quickly to profitability this year, after the losses incurred in the latter half of 1999. These results underscore the fundamental strength of Reliv's core business -- network marketing -- where our gross margins remain high, and where we are successfully capturing the value of new sales opportunities."

Montgomery noted that sales of nutritional supplements in international markets were particularly strong in 1Q2000. "Overall, Reliv's international business grew a healthy 18% during the quarter," he said. "We are especially pleased with the results Reliv posted in Mexico and United Kingdom, where sales grew 253% and 25% respectively, compared to the first quarter of 1999."

Reliv continues to improve in other measures of performance, as well, Montgomery said. "In the network marketing business, our cost of goods sold improved to 15.8% of revenues, down from 16.7% of revenues in 1Q99," he said. In addition, Reliv successfully implemented a price increase on selected products to further enhance the company's profitability, Montgomery noted.

Reliv has substantially reduced its participation in the contract manufacturing market, Montgomery said. In recent months, the company eliminated the unprofitable work it was doing in this segment. Reliv continues to provide packaging and blending services for one customer, and the company is taking steps to improve its margins on that remaining piece of business, Montgomery said.

Reliv International, Inc., based in suburban St. Louis, manufactures and distributes several lines of food products, including nutritional and fiber supplements, diet management products, functional foods and sports drink mixes. Its proprietary product lines include an extensive line of soy-based products. Reliv International's common stock trades on The Nasdaq Stock Market(R) under the symbol RELV.

NOTE: Any statement released by Reliv International, Inc. that is forward looking is made pursuant to the safe harbor provisions of the Private Securities Litigation Reform Act of 1995. Editors and investors are cautioned that forward-looking statements involve risk and uncertainties that may affect the Company's business prospect and performance. This includes economic, competitive, governmental, technological and other factors discussed in the Company's filings with the SEC on forms 10-K and 10-Q.

Consolidated Balance Sheets

March 31 December 31

2000 1999

(Unaudited)

Assets

Current Assets:

Cash and cash equivalents $1,179,531 $1,531,700

Accounts and notes receivable, less allowances

of $429,000 in 2000 and $430,000 in 1999 1,423,221 794,037

Note receivable from officer 59,250 164,250

Inventories 4,042,747 4,705,462

Other current assets 1,369,391 1,301,148

Total current assets 8,074,140 8,496,597

Other assets 1,619,753 1,472,976

Net property, plant and equipment 10,588,508 10,802,245

Total Assets $20,282,401 $20,771,818

Liabilities and Stockholders' Equity

Total current liabilities $7,898,220 $8,306,965

Capital lease obligations, less

current maturities 265,958 305,081

Long-term debt, less current maturities 4,867,937 4,990,639

Other non-current liabilities 372,050 350,415

Stockholders' equity 6,878,236 6,818,718

Total Liabilities and Stockholders' Equity $20,282,401 $20,771,818

Consolidated Statements of Operations

Three months ended March 31

2000 1999

(Unaudited) (Unaudited)

Sales at Retail $20,867,382 $23,774,411

Less Distributor allowances

on product purchases 5,779,009 6,079,100

Net Sales 15,088,373 17,695,311

Costs and expenses:

Cost of products sold 6,131,197 8,074,732

Distributor royalties and discounts 3,832,424 4,510,775

Selling, general and administrative 4,685,541 4,923,829

Total Costs and Expenses 14,649,162 17,509,336

Income from operations 439,211 185,975

Other income (expense):

Interest income 13,538 18,800

Interest expense (167,670) (130,398)

Other income\expense (17,853) 34,233

Income before income taxes 267,226 108,610

Provision for income taxes 104,088 41,622

Net Income $163,138 $66,988

Earnings per common share

Basic $0.02 $0.01

Diluted $0.02 $0.01

Weighted average shares of common stock

and common stock equivalents outstanding

Basic 9,551,000 9,651,000

Diluted 9,936,000 9,851,000

SOURCE Reliv International, Inc.

END.