Date:      Sun, 24 Apr 2016 21:31:19 +0300
From:      Vesselin Mirewski <v.mirewski@bugsys.org>
To:        freebsd-virtualization@freebsd.org
Subject:   pptdevs option crashes system

Hi,
I'm trying to bring up an excellent PCIe Fusion board which has no driver
for FreeBSD. I used bhyve to bring up an ubuntu server ( which has an
original driver by the manufacturer )
All went just fine, till I tried to pass through the board to the linux.
My CPUs support all that's needed by bhyve: Xeon X5675.

The board ( pciconf -lv ) :

none3@pci0:11:0:0: class=3D0x018000 card=3D0x178d103c chip=3D0x10051aed rev=
=3D0x01
hdr=3D0x00
    vendor     =3D 'Fusion-io'
    device     =3D 'ioDimm3'
    class      =3D mass storage
none4@pci0:12:0:0: class=3D0x018000 card=3D0x178d103c chip=3D0x10051aed rev=
=3D0x01
hdr=3D0x00
    vendor     =3D 'Fusion-io'
    device     =3D 'ioDimm3'
    class      =3D mass storage

my /boot/loader.conf has ( bhyve part ):
vmm_load=3D"YES"
nmdm_load=3D"YES"

*pptdevs=3D"11/0/0 12/0/0"*

The last line crashes the system - "Interrupt trap" and the system starts
to shutdown the cpus ( which gets an ugly loop till it finally reboots )

Then single user,  set pptdevs=3D"" , boot and everything is fine again.

The board is an HP accelerator board with 2x160GB SLC SSDs with ( according
to specifications ) 150PB lifetime and the amazing 230,000 IOPs - I'm dying
to do some benchmarks with PostgreSQL ...

Any advice will be highly appreciated. Thanks in advance for your time.

--=20
=D0=92. =D0=9C=D0=B8=D1=80=D0=B5=D0=B2=D1=81=D0=BA=D0=B8
+359 884 63 74 64