Date:      Wed, 08 Mar 2000 12:35:46 -0500
From:      Donn Miller <dmmiller@cvzoom.net>
To:        John Polstra <jdp@polstra.com>
Cc:        current@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: More "ld-elf.so.1: assert failed" messages

John Polstra wrote:
> =

> In article <38C5A975.957756C4@cvzoom.net>,
> Donn Miller   wrote:
> =

> > OK, here's some of the errors I get with Mozilla.  It looks like it
> > happens when Gdk runs out os SysV shared memory.  Otherwise, if I
> > don't get the "Gdk-WARNING **: shmget failed!", the ld.so erros never=

> > occur, and Mozilla runs OK.  It seems as if Wine is working OK so far=
,
> > though, although I probably haven't tested Wine enough:
> [...]
> > /usr/libexec/ld-elf.so.1: Application locking error: 1 readers and 1
> > writers in dynamic linker.  See DLLOCKINIT(3) in manual pages.
> =

> This means that one thread was in the middle of a dlopen() call
> when another thread either called a new function for the first time
> (invoking the dynamic linker for lazy binding) or called dlsym().
> Really the only _right_ place I can find to fix this kind of thing is
> in the application itself, by calling dllockinit() to set up locking
> for the dynamic linker invocations. =

I just reverted back to the "normal" version of ld-elf.so, the version =

without the patch.=A0 Mozilla doesn't have the problem with the =

"non-patch" version.=A0 So, maybe it isn't the application.=A0 Or, maybe =
the =

original, "non-patch" version wasn't doing something right.

Just wondering, in case the problem isn't with Mozilla.=A0 I'm using =

Mozilla right now, with the original ld-elf.so.1.=A0 (The fonts are hard =

on my eyes.)

- Donn