Date:      Mon, 29 Sep 1997 02:26:25 -0700
From:      Don Lewis <Don.Lewis@tsc.tdk.com>
To:        freebsd-hackers@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: F_SETOWN implementation redesign

While the patch I sent out previously built a nicely functional kernel,
some of the changes in <sys/*.h> broke "make world".  I've rearranged
things so that the changes to the include files are much less intrusive.
At the same time I changed the implementation to dynamically allocate
the sigio structure to decrease the overall amount of memory consumed,
since most ttys, sockets, etc. aren't the target of F_SETOWN.

I don't want to stuff everyone's mailboxes with another copy of the
patch, so drop me a note if you're interested in obtaining a copy.

			---  Truck