Date:      Sun, 25 Dec 2005 00:21:59 +0100
From:      Melvyn Sopacua <freebsd.ports@melvyn.homeunix.org>
To:        freebsd-ports@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Postfix 2.2.7, 1 (portupgrade from 2.2.5_1, 1) on FreeBSD 5 stable

On Saturday 24 December 2005 23:57, Yuval Levy wrote:
> Melvyn Sopacua wrote:
> > Sorry -- I assumed you knew more about it.
> > Did you get a dialog at all?
>
> Thank you very much for your support. I think I solved my problem and I
> hope that what I found will help others, so here it is, in painful detail,
> with some questions raised.
>
> After synchronizing with the latest ports collection with cvsup, I tried
> again portupgrade postfix.
>
> Yes, i got the dialog to enter the options (which I did: sasl2, spf, tls,
> mysql, vda). Then, after some output, came the following:
>

> => postfix-2.2.5-vda.patch.gz doesn't seem to exist in
> /usr/ports/distfiles/postfix. => Attempting to fetch from
> http://www.ipnet6.org/postfix/download/. fetch:
> http://www.ipnet6.org/postfix/download/postfix-2.2.5-vda.patch.gz: Not
> Found => Attempting to fetch from
> http://web.onda.com.br/nadal/postfix/VDA/. fetch:
> postfix-2.2.5-vda.patch.gz: local modification time does not match remote

This is something that occurs for instance when you halt a download
mid-transfer. A download via ftp or a download via http that sends
Last-Modified: header, will be downloaded and the modification time will be
set accordingly after download.
This is normally a "security feature", but the use of hashes (md5/sha256) to
verify file integrity has long surpassed it's usefulness.
You can remove the file
(/usr/ports/distfiles/postfix/postfix-2.2.5-vda.patch.gz) next time to
overcome the problem.

--
Melvyn Sopacua
freebsd.ports@melvyn.homeunix.org