Date:      15 Jan 2000 22:18:17 +0100
From:      Vadim Belman <voland@plab.ku.dk>
To:        Alex Kapranoff <alex@kapran.bitmcnit.bryansk.su>
Cc:        freebsd-advocacy@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: FreBSD Rulez

	Hi Alex!

On 14 Jan 00 at 19:47, "Alex" (Alex Kapranoff) wrote:

 Alex>   FreeBSD is strong in Russia. It doesn't need any advocacy here.
 Alex> We grok values ;-))

	You bet... Just before yesterday I had a stupid discussion on IRC
	channel with few Linux-crazy-fans and must admin - with no
	success. 8( Stupidly enough, it wasn't discussion about technical
	advantages/disadvantages of two systems (such kind of conversation
	is common and usually very interesting), but I tried to convince
	them that FreeBSD is not a dying system!

	Actually, as I found out later the most active opponent was exactly
	20 years old (it was his birthday a day before 8). Hence he can be
	treated as a young maximalist. 8) But he is of that kind of people
	who will be making decisions in real business soon. Even more, this
	one is a holder of rather big Linux-dedicated news site and thus
	can have serious influence on others...

	What I'm saying here: whatever you see around you, advocacy is
	always necessary. As it is told in Carrol's 'Through the looking
	glass': 'Now, HERE, you see, it takes all the running YOU can do,
	to keep in the same place.' 8) So, 'run, Forrest, run!' or lose...
--
    /Voland			Vadim Belman
				E-mail: voland@plab.ku.dk