Date:      Tue, 17 Dec 2013 12:40:57 +0700
From:      Olivier Nicole <Olivier.Nicole@cs.ait.ac.th>
To:        =?utf-8?B?0JHQtdC70L7Qs9GD0YDQvtCyINCh0LLRj9GC0L7RgdC70LDQsg==?= <slava@aprec.ru>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Problem with amanda backup (cannot allocate memory) on FreeBSD-9.1-RELEASE amd64

Hi,

> Hello everyone. I've posted this problem on forums.zmanda.com, but
> without any luck. I think, maybe it's something FreeBSD-specific, or
> specific to it's version. So, here it is, any help will be greatly
> appreciated.

>From my experience running Amanda server on FreeBSD:

- I had to disable jumbo frames on FreeBSD, it seems to slow down the
  network more than anything;

- I noticed I have to update all the clients before I update the server.

That may be unrelated to your issue, but I had the same apparent
symptoms: big filesystem would never complete while small are fine.

Best regards,

Olivier