Date:      Tue, 28 Nov 2006 17:32:11 -0500
From:      "Ansar Mohammed" <ansarm@gmail.com>
To:        "Garrett Cooper" <youshi10@u.washington.edu>, freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: ssh over http

 Got one!
http://www.ericdaugherty.com/dev/sshwebproxy/

allot of vendors are now encapsulating their application protocols in
http... eg. citrix ica, exchange server mapi, msn messenger, there is even a
project to provide access to fileshares with samba over ssl see:
http://www.sslbridge.com/

Even with web services, http has become more of a transport protocol than an
app protocol.

there was a product from Wall Data a long time ago that did tn5250 over http
but I havent seen any open source projects that did this.