Date:      Wed, 17 Nov 1999 03:40:39 -0800 (PST)
From:      Vincent Poy <vince@venus.GAIANET.NET>
To:        Troy Settle <st@i-plus.net>
Cc:        freebsd-isp@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   RE: Apache + FP2000 + modssl + php

On Wed, 17 Nov 1999, Troy Settle wrote:

> Just how dense are you?  Do you not understand what it means when someone is
> refering to FP2K, and says that "info for it can be found at www.rtr.com" ?

	I know where the info can be found.

> This is the THIRD time I've posted this URL.  Please go there and educate
> yourself before asking any more questions on this list.  Installing
> Apache+php+ssl+frontpage+this+that+the_other, is really freakin simple.  You
> read the directions for each item you wish to toss in, and apply those
> instructions at the appropriate time:

	When there was Fp98, there was no such thing as a patch and the
BSDI version of the FP98 extensions didn't install out of the box...
that's when the apache12-fp port came in handy...  That's why I was asking
about the patch since you seemed to implied that FP2K was installed after
apache13+php is already installed.  In previous versions of apache, the
apache was installed and all that was done was untaring the fp extensions
tarball and that was it.

> Unpack, build, install dependancies
> Unpack all your sources
> patch as needed (ssl, fp2k, mod_perl, php, blah, foo, bar)
> build and install modules
> configure, build, install apache
> install and configure the rest of the packages (fp2k and ssl)
> configure and run apache
>
> Doing this with or without the port is really simple.  Just follow the
> directions.  If you're using a port to do most of the work for you, that's
> OK.  You just need to make sure that you stop the port building process at
> such a time that you can toss your own stuff into it (make patch).

	Yeah, you have a point.  I just didn't know rtr.com actually has
a patch available since they only supported BSDI.

Cheers,
Vince - vince@MCESTATE.COM - vince@GAIANET.NET           ________   __ ____
Unix Networking Operations - FreeBSD-Real Unix for Free / / / / |  / |[__  ]
GaiaNet Corporation - M & C Estate                     / / / /  | /  | __] ]
Beverly Hills, California USA 90210                   / / / / / |/ / | __] ]
HongKong Stars/Gravis UltraSound Mailing Lists Admin /_/_/_/_/|___/|_|[____]