Date:      Wed, 10 Oct 2007 19:33:35 +0200
From:      Roland Smith <rsmith@xs4all.nl>
To:        Narek Gharibyan <ngharibyan@arm.synisys.com>
Cc:        dhaneshkk@hotmail.com, freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Bind configuration in FreeBSD

--r5Pyd7+fXNt84Ff3

On Fri, Oct 05, 2007 at 05:29:39PM +0500, Narek Gharibyan wrote:
> Hi,

Please don't top-post.
=20
> I as know default version (without port upgrading) is Bind 9.3.3 in Freeb=
sd
> 6.2. You can see the version, executing named -v command. Do a=20
> ps -ax | grep named=20
<snip>

I think that you made a small mistake. If you want to start a daemon,
you have to enable it in /etc/rc.conf, otherwise it won't start (every
rc script sources /etc/rc.conf with the line 'load_rc_config').

Try adding=20

named_enable=3D"YES"

to /etc/rc.conf, and try again. If you look in /etc/defaults/rc.conf,
and search for 'named', you can see that it is disabled by default. You
can also see there the rest of the options you can set for named.

Hope this helps,

Roland
--=20

--r5Pyd7+fXNt84Ff3