Date:      Wed, 25 Feb 1998 09:29:30 -0500
From:      Mark Mayo <mark@vmunix.com>
To:        matt@soffen.com
Cc:        questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: your mail

On Wed, Feb 25, 1998 at 06:23:58AM -0000, matt@soffen.com wrote:
> From: Matthew Soffen <matt@soffen.com>
> CC: <matt@soffen.com>
> Subject: Unable to get NIS running on 2 differenet class c's.
> I am trying to setup a NIS server and a single client too.
> Both machines are set to the same domain (UltimateTV).
>
> The NIS server (206.230.220.131 - Running 2.2.5-RELEASE) appears to be running correctly.
> It is able to perform yp lookups, yp.  I can do yppasswd and it seems to work.   However,
> I am unable to get the client to bind (204.95.170.13 - Running 2.2.2-RELEASE).  I have
> tried the following commands when starting ypbind:
> 	ypbind
> 	ypbind -ypset -S UltimateTV,mainfreebsd
> 	ypset -h freebsd -d UltimateTV mainfreebsd.ultimatetv.com
>
> None of these have worked.  The ypset command times out and returns this error message:
> 	can't yp_bind: Reason: Can't communicate with ypbind

Did you make the yp password maps? Check in /var/yp/Makefile

-Mark

P.S. Your mailer did some serious mangling of headers, and don't
cross-post. This question only belongs on -questions. Folowups
directed there.

 Mark Mayo		  				mark@vmunix.com
 RingZero Comp.  	  		    http://www.vmunix.com/mark

	 finger mark@vmunix.com for my PGP key and GCS code