Date:      Mon, 10 Jul 2000 10:47:10 -0400
From:      Garance A Drosihn <drosih@rpi.edu>
To:        Brett Glass <brett@lariat.org>, Kris Kennaway <kris@FreeBSD.ORG>
Cc:        Ignacio Cristerna <ignacioc@avantel.net>, Frank Pawlak <fpawlak@execpc.com>, "Jordan K. Hubbard" <jkh@zippy.osd.bsdi.com>, chat@FreeBSD.ORG, advocacy@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Conquering the Land of ISV (Was: No port of Opera?)

At 10:08 PM -0600 7/9/00, Brett Glass wrote:
>Seriously, I do seem to be getting shot in the back an awful
>lot in this forum. I have some replies to make, especially to
>some of the messages Jordan has written, but they'll have to
>wait until tomorrow.  I have a deadline tonight.

I think it would be more intelligent to just shut up already.
How many thousand messages have to go by before the clue-light
turns on in your head?  If you honestly believe that you have
a great idea with this freebsd-emulator for linux, then write
it.  Otherwise, drop the topic.

I think you're also deluding yourself by thinking this is a
"Brett Glass vs Jordan" issue.  As near as I can tell, it's
"Brett Glass tilting at windmills all by himself" issue.  It
is quite possible that there are a lot of people here who
agree with you.  If THAT is true, then you should have a lot
of people to help you implement this freebsd-emulator for linux,
and it will be all that much the easier to prove your point.

Me, I'm sympathetic to the IDEA of a freebsd-emulator, but I
do not really believe it is practical.  It's like saying the
world will see a lot more Amiga programs if someone would just
write an Win32 emulator for AmigaOS.  If someone WANTS to write
for the Win32 market, then why would they use some foreign API
which merely adds another layer where something can go wrong?

---
Garance Alistair Drosehn           =   gad@eclipse.acs.rpi.edu
Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute