Date:      Wed, 5 Nov 2003 14:10:26 +0200
From:      Alexey Zelkin <phantom@freebsd.org>
To:        David Bullock <db@dawnbreaks.net>, freebsd-java@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Tip for Intellij IDEA 3.0.5v2 with 1.4.1-p3^H4

hi,

On Wed, Nov 05, 2003 at 01:01:54PM +0200, Sheldon Hearn wrote:

> > I can well imagine that having access to quick compiling machine
> > would be a basic need (mine's nothing special, BTW, just an Athlon
> > XP 1800 with little else to do).  The FreeBSD foundation don't
> > exactly say what they're already doing, planning to do, and how
> > well aligned their actuals and their budget is, so it is hard to
> > know how to contribute.
>
> That's a fair comment.
>
> Greg, is it possible to open up the schedule of the BSD Java Porting
> Team to the public?

I don't think that we have any specific schedule.  And I can't talk on
behalf of Foundation, but can share recent progress with my work (i.e.
porting of jdk1.4.x)

In last weeks (followed -p4 release) I have complete with JDK 1.4.2 port.
It's now in BSD/Java CVS and soon we'll have new patchset released.  I
also spent fair amount of time on catching bugs inherited from 1.4.1 port
as well as ones added with new java sources.  Most of stopers are resolved
now, many IPv6 issues detected and worked around or wrapped with exceptions.
Trouble areas now are Audio support, mozilla plugin and javaws.  There's
also issues with FreeBSD-5 support, but I am working on this.

PS: According to binary release of JDK1.4.2 -- we are almost there.  I have
finished with JCK tests this weekend (for -STABLE based jdk build), so it's
up to Foundation to rehash legal issues with Sun now.