Date:      Tue, 4 May 2004 20:41:40 +0100
From:      Matthew Seaman <matthew@cryptosphere.com>
To:        Darryl Hoar <darryl@osborne-ind.com>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Openldap20

--bajzpZikUji1w+G9

On Tue, May 04, 2004 at 01:54:48PM -0500, Darryl Hoar wrote:
> > On Mon, May 03, 2004 at 03:44:06PM -0500, Darryl Hoar wrote:
> > > Greetings,
> > > what graphical tools (web based ?) existing for creating=20
> > and maintaining a
> > > Openldap directory ?
> > >=20
> > > I am running Freebsd 5.1-release.
> >=20
> > There's phpldapadmin -- http://phpldapadmin.sourceforge.net/ It's not
> > in the ports yet though -- just waiting for a committer to have some
> > time to deal with PR ports/66154. You can install it fairly easily
> > outside of ports by just unpacking the tarball in an appropriate place
> > and editing the config.php.  You will need to install PHP with
> > openldap support (D'Oh!).
> >=20
> > Other than that, there's gq in ports as net/gq -- that's a Gnome based
> > application rather than web based.  Unfortunately that application has
> > a distressing tendency to dump core at inopportune moments: see PRs
> > ports/64532 ports/65740.

> I have already installed PHP with mysql support.  I am
> using it for dynamic web content.  Is there a method to
> add openldap support without de-installing the existing
> php/mysql combo first ?

Unfortunately not.  You need to completely rebuild PHP with the
modified configuration so that it links against the OpenLDAP shlibs,
and then re-install.  Even so, that's pretty trivial to do with
portupgrade.

BTW. new release of phpldapadmin came out today: phpldapadmin-0.9.4

	Cheers,

	Matthew

--=20
                                                      Savill Way