Date:      Mon, 28 Aug 2000 22:59:40 -0500
From:      "Josh Paetzel" <jpaetzel@hutchtel.net>
To:        <lmclean@ep.com.au>, <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: SCSI prblem...

----- Original Message -----
From: "laurence" <lmclean@ep.com.au>
To: <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Sent: Monday, August 28, 2000 8:28 PM
Subject: SCSI prblem...

> Hello,
>
> Im having a slight amount of trouble getting a adaptec AHA-1510 to work
with
> my SCSI Hard Drive....
>
> The setup for freebsd detects the card but when it states that its
settling the
> SCSI devices i get the following repeditive error..
>
> (probe0:aic0:0:0:0): ccb 0xc0a1a400 - timed out, phase 0xb6, stable
>
> Any ideas on what the problem could be, or how I could go about fixing it
> would be appreciated.

First thing to check is to make sure the drive and the controller are both
terminated.  Next make sure that the irq jumpers are set properly on the
board.  I am not familiar with the 1510, but I have a 1542b and setting the
irq is a painfully difficult thing to do.  Check out www.adaptec.com for an
extremely hard to read diagram of the jumpers on the board.

Josh