Date:      Sat, 30 Jan 1999 21:57:21 +0000 (GMT)
From:      Terry Lambert <tlambert@primenet.com>
To:        dfr@nlsystems.com (Doug Rabson)
Cc:        tlambert@primenet.com, wes@softweyr.com, roberto@keltia.freenix.fr, hackers@FreeBSD.ORG, mike@smith.net.au
Subject:   Re: USB drivers

> > > SGI just started selling them.
> >
> > What are they called?  I just finished searching their site with
> > no luck...
>
> Perhaps you looked too hard.  Their new NT workstation is what I was
> referring to.  It is quite an interesting beast.  No traditional 16bit
> firmware but uses ARC style firmware similar to the old mips NT boxes and
> modern alpha boxes.  All input peripherals are USB I think.

Ah.  I saw that.  They want too much money.  Check out:

	http://www.darter.com.tw/products/cpucard.html

If you were willing to go with the previous generation of the hardware
Stanford used, and be a bit larger (like the size to bolt to a 3.5"
hard drive, then you can get the previous generation of the hardware
for $299 (instead of $499).  Of course, that includes video, instead
of something useful like 10/100 or even more useful like USB/1394...

					Terry Lambert
					terry@lambert.org
---
or previous employers.