Date:      Fri, 02 Feb 1996 21:27:55 -0800 (PST)
From:      Annelise Anderson <ANDRSN@HOOVER.STANFORD.EDU>
To:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Elm, Pine, or ?

I just discovered I can use sendmail or mail from FreeBSD running on my
office computer.  My e-mail arrives, however, on a VAX (where I like
to keep it).  The VAX is really awkward when replying to messages--no
automatic quoting and character-by-character delete of footers etc.

It would be nice to be able to reply to messages using something with a
few more features, possibly Pine or Elm.  I used pkg_add for Pine but
Elm needs to be ported, and an effort to port it produces "Checksum
mismatch for elm2.4.tar.z.  The office system is 2.0.5 from the cdrom.

Any views on Pine vs. Elm for this sort of thing?  Or anything else?

Also if I reply to a message using elm or pine could I use the VAX
return address and forward a copy to the VAX (to myself, I guess) so
that the VAX remains the central receiving and storage computer for
the e-mail?

Thanks

Annelise