Date:      Thu, 5 Dec 1996 21:37:06 +1030 (CST)
From:      Michael Smith <msmith@atrad.adelaide.edu.au>
To:        grog@lemis.de (Greg Lehey)
Cc:        msmith@atrad.adelaide.edu.au, chat@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Installation: still not perfect

Greg Lehey stands accused of saying:
> (following up to -chat)
(damn, I meant to send it there, and then ol' automatic-elm-fingers cut in.)

> > Hey!  I claim prior art on this one; the first W95 sticker I ever met
> > still adorns my bin, alongside the Netware one.
>
> OK, I didn't expect to be that original, I just liked the way they had
> prepared it so nicely.  It was rather appropriate, too, since the
> first thing I did was to wipe Windoze 95% off the hard disk.

The HDA in the Sharp units we have here at work even have a little
sticker on them indicating that they were loaded with it at the
factory; sheesh!

> The notebook also has an Intel Inside sticker on it.  Any idea where I
> should stick that?  I was thinking of putting in on my old (1974
> vintage) 8008 CPU board, but that feels like sacrilege.

I have one on my old Casio calculator, and another on my SO's
electronic toaster.  I even followed the instructions in the Intel
envelope that comes with the stickers (two little stickers and ten
pages of instructions in six languages on where on the case they
should be put; only in the computer industry...) so far as was possible.