Date:      Mon, 9 Nov 2020 14:02:04 -0500
From:      Mason Loring Bliss <mason@blisses.org>
To:        freebsd-ports@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Donation to Foundation for Poudriere /opt builds! (Bounty?)

--ShzQXCswyqjgWi6k

On Sun, Nov 08, 2020 at 07:24:21PM -0500, Mason Loring Bliss wrote:

> Lest anyone spend more time thinking about this, the project is over.

I spoke too soon.

So, given the latest volley of ideas, I tried again. Since I want to find a
minimal set of changes to get this working, I used the pkg'd Poudriere from
2020Q4, installed to /usr/local. Notable changes included setting LOCALBASE
and PREFIX in poudriere.conf and patching update_version_env in jail.sh.

gettext-runtime built for the first time, which was cool. I did see some
failures, but I think I need to update ldconfig* in the jail's rc.conf.

The weirdest failure so far comes from libarchive:

    checking for wchar_t... (cached) yes
    checking size of wchar_t... configure: error: in
    `/wrkdirs/usr/ports/archivers/libarchive/work/libarchive-3.4.3':
    configure: error: cannot compute sizeof (wchar_t)

But anyway, I'll tweak the jail a bit more and try it again, as I imagine
having ldconfig working will matter for a lot of things. This was an
intentionally minimal effort and I'm happy it got as far as it did.

--=20
Mason Loring Bliss             mason@blisses.org            Ewige Blumenkra=
ft!
(if awake 'sleep (aref #(sleep dream) (random 2))) -- Hamlet, Act III, Scen=
e I

--ShzQXCswyqjgWi6k

--ShzQXCswyqjgWi6k--