Date:      Fri, 28 Jan 2000 13:53:15 -0500 (EST)
From:      Pat Lynch <lynch@bsd.unix.sh>
To:        Nik Clayton <nik@freebsd.org>
Cc:        Don Wilde <dwilde1@thuntek.net>, freebsd-advocacy@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: SMN kicks Augustin's butt.

On Fri, 28 Jan 2000, Nik Clayton wrote:

> There are a few vocal BSD proponents on Slashdot.  Wes pops up
> occasionally, as do people like Dom Mitchell, and others.  We need more.
> I'd really like to see more people posting solid, technical replies,
> and not just an endless round "BSD sux" "Does not" "Does too", which it
> often descends to.

Unfortunately, even the semi-intelligent comments that happened with SMN
vs
Augustin degenerated a bit.

However, now we have publically said that "Yes, we use FreeBSD at SMN",
which we only previously said in personal conversations and some
conference BoF type situations.

On that note, we are looking for BSD developers/admin types with
experience with perl, python, and C and a working knowledge of BSD kernel
code. So if anyone knows of anyone interested in this kind of job in NYC,
they can contact me, and I'll point them in the right direction.

-Pat

__

Pat Lynch						lynch@rush.net
							lynch@bsdunix.net
							lynch@unix.sh
							lynch@blowfi.sh
Systems Administrator					Rush Networking