Date:      Mon, 27 Nov 1995 11:52:23 -0700
From:      Nate Williams <nate@rocky.sri.MT.net>
To:        Lars Koeller <Lars_Koeller@odie.physik2.uni-rostock.de>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@freefall.freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Khoros-2.02 anf FreeBSD, prob with cantata!

>       I've compiled Khoros-2.0.2DR out of the box for FreeBSD-2.0.5 without
>    any problems!   The  enviroment is set  up  correctly, but  when I start
>    'cantata'  I get  an error   window  which says something like  'Missing
>    Action: do-load, do-save,....'   even if I  compile with  Athena Widgets
>    or Motif-1.2.3 (KATHENA or KMOTIF in Site.freebsd).

Hmm, I didn't have *any* problems with compiling it on a 2.0.5 system.
As a matter of fact, that box is running Khoros2.02 right now (it's at
someones house in CA)

>    Any suggestions or hints?

Are you sure you've setup the environment correctly for the user?

I've got this in my .cshrc

# Setup Khoros
source $HOME/.khoros_env

------------- .khoros_env ---------------------
#   ------------------------------------------------------------
#   This file should be sourced (source .khoros_env) or included
#   in your .login or .cshrc.
#   ------------------------------------------------------------
#
# This file contains default values for environment
# variables used by KHOROS.
#
#
set path = ($path /usr2/local/khoros/bin)

setenv KHOROS_TOOLBOX   $HOME/.Toolboxes:/usr2/local/khoros/Toolboxes
setenv KHOROS_LOG       $HOME/khoros.cmdlog
setenv KHOROS_MAIL      $USER@sneezy.sri.com
setenv KHOROS_NAME      "Nate Williams"
setenv KHOROS_NOTIFY    STANDARD
setenv KHOROS_ANSFILE   $HOME/khoros.ans
setenv TMPDIR           /usr/tmp
setenv LD_LIBRARY_PATH  ${LD_LIBRARY_PATH}:/usr/local/khoros/lib
setenv KHOROS_EDITOR    "gnuclient %f"

Nate