Date:      23 Apr 99 02:27:39 MDT
From:      Dmitry Strakovsky <dima49@usa.net>
To:        Doug White <dwhite@resnet.uoregon.edu>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: [Re: RS232 question]

	Thnks for the suggestions of the sio stuff,
Well... I've got a small portion of my project of the ground... but hit a=
 HUGE
BRICK WALL. The sensor board I'm using takes in ascii characters and chag=
es
the states of the pins depending on their values (www.ezio.com,
http://www-personal.umich.edu/~rodemer/EZcomm.html if you wanna look at t=
he
API.) I was able to hook up a dumbe terminal to my CPU and pass ascii bac=
k and
forth, yet when I hook the board up to the serial port , nothing. =

With dos util freecom I was able to write in to the board and get results=
, so
I know it's not a shotty api. I'm really stuck here and way out of ideas =
(and
sleep.) =

	IS there anything different about UNIX implementation of serial communic=
ation
that I should know about? Anything that gets passed before or after the a=
scii
characters? =

	I'm 10 days away from an exhibition so I'm kinda desperate :( =

	Any app I could hack appart to see how they tick that's not a modem? Any=

other people trying to write drivers for strange devices for the forces o=
f art
:)? =

			Thanks again,  =

            				dima  =