Date:      Tue, 7 Feb 2006 16:26:42 -0800
From:      Bill Campbell <freebsd@celestial.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Large imap server.

On Tue, Feb 07, 2006, Albert Shih wrote:
>Hi all
>
>I search some advice for large imap server.
>
>For me large is : 1000 users with 1 Go mails for each users. And every
>users check by imap/pop those mail every 2 or 3 minutes.
>
>What's the «best» imap server ? Cyrus Imap or Courier-Imap ? (please this
>is not a troll).

I prefer Courier-imap because it uses Maildir storage while Cyrus
uses something similar in that it stores each message in a file,
but Cyrus also maintains index files which can get corrupted.

We have several systems running courier-imap with 6000+ mailboxes
on a single server without problems.

Bill
--
INTERNET:   bill@Celestial.COM  Bill Campbell; Celestial Systems, Inc.

``But how is this legal plunder to be identified? Quite simply. See if the
law takes from some persons what belongs to them, and gives it to other
persons to whom it does not belong. See if the law benefits one citizen at
the expense of another by doing what the citizen himself cannot do without
committing a crime.'' -- Frederic Bastiat, The Law