Date:      Wed, 15 Jun 2005 11:45:56 +0200
From:      Marcin Jessa <lists@yazzy.org>
To:        FreeBSD-net <freebsd-net@freebsd.org>, FreeBSD-Current <current@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Looking for networking solution.

Hi guys.

I am looking for solution I could implement on a link with a huge latency when ping replies can go up to a few hundred miliseconds, e.g sateliete links.
What I was thinking about is some kind of virtual interface which could translate tcp to udp in one of the pears of the link and push the data it received from a 'normal' interface through the virtual interface without bothering about ack-timing.
The receiving end would have a similar interface which would translate the udp data stream to tcp and then route it out to the internet.
(normal network)tcp<-->virtual udp interface<-------->virtual udp interface<-->tcp(normal network)

Is there something avaliable on FreeBSD that can be used for that purpose?
Maybe someone is working on such a thing in CURRENT ?
Any thoughts about that? Any sugestions for a solution?

Regards,
Marcin Jessa.