Date:      Sat, 25 Feb 2006 09:04:23 -0600
From:      "Donald J. O'Neill" <duncan.fbsd@gmail.com>
To:        Kris Kennaway <kris@obsecurity.org>
Cc:        freebsd-ports@freebsd.org, Eric Schuele <e.schuele@computer.org>
Subject:   Re: Trouble building gnomeprint...

On Saturday 25 February 2006 08:19, Kris Kennaway wrote:
> On Sat, Feb 25, 2006 at 08:11:16AM -0600, Donald J. O'Neill wrote:

> > > I generally use `portupgrade -arR`.  This is how I ran into the
> > > problem. Tried just `portupgrade -a` as well, with the same
> > > results.
> > >
> > > Any other way (besides removing all ports, and reinstalling)?
> > >
> > > Thanks.
> >
> > Hi Eric,
> >
> > possibly Kris was trying to refer you to this from
> > /usr/ports/UPGRADING:
> >
> > 20051105:
> >   AFFECTS: all users of gnome/glib/gtk
> >   AUTHOR: gnome@FreeBSD.org
> >
> >   GNOME has been updated to 2.12 and gtk/glib to 2.8.
> >   DO NOT USE portupgrade(1) to update your ports. Instead, use
> >   the gnome_upgrade.sh script from
> >   http://www.marcuscom.com/downloads/gnome_upgrade212.sh
> >
> > Any possibility of this?
>
> No, the libtool entry.
>
> Kris

What a regular portupgrade is to one can mean different things to
someone else. It might be "Hey that's excessive time between upgrades,"
and it might be "Why are you doing it so often?" It depends. Did Eric
do the upgrade to gnome2.12 in November or December, or is he just
catching it now with all the rest. I've got gtk12 on my systems and
didn't have a problem with the libtool upgrade. I didn't like it too
much after waiting for 36 hours for one big upgrade to complete and
then being hit with the libtool upgrade two days later which took
about, I forget, I don't care, I got through it without problems.

Don