Date:      Sat, 2 Oct 1999 15:30:02 -0700 (PDT)
From:      Rasmus Kaj <kaj@raditex.se>
To:        freebsd-ports@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: ports/13903: Update port: graphics/xfractint

The following reply was made to PR ports/13903; it has been noted by GNATS.

From: Rasmus Kaj <kaj@raditex.se>
To: freebsd-gnats-submit@freebsd.org, tkato@prontomail.ne.jp
Cc: Rasmus Kaj <kaj@raditex.se>
Date: Sun, 03 Oct 1999 00:24:29 +0200

 Yes, the old MASTER_SITE don't respond and the one submitted here
 works. The addition of a WWW: URL in the DESCR is also nice.

 Don't know about the other changes in the Makefile, though, they seem
 to be no real change.

 However, the port fails to compile for me, because it tries to link
 with curses when it needs ncurses (at least it links if I tell it to
 use ncurses instead).  Compilation gives lots of warnings for using
 <sys/dir.h> and <malloc.h> rather than <dirent.h> and <stdlib.h> but
 no other warninds.

 When I try to run the program (after linking it with -g and
 -lncurses), it segfaults with the following stack trace:

 #0  0x0 in ?? ()
 #1  0x281971c6 in tputs () from /usr/lib/libtermcap.so.2
 #2  0x28221e90 in putp () from /usr/lib/libmytinfo.so.2
 #3  0x2818fadd in doupdate () from /usr/lib/libncurses.so.3
 #4  0x2818d7c6 in doupdate () from /usr/lib/libncurses.so.3
 #5  0x2818d620 in doupdate () from /usr/lib/libncurses.so.3
 #6  0x2818cdfe in wrefresh () from /usr/lib/libncurses.so.3
 #7  0x80b86f6 in setvideomode ()
 #8  0x80b868a in setvideotext ()
 #9  0x807054d in main ()
 #10 0x804a79d in _start ()

 0x0 in a stack trace? Did it try to call a null pointer?

 --
 Rasmus Kaj ---------------- rasmus@kaj.a.se - http://www.e.kth.se/~kaj/
  \                         There's too much blood in my caffeine system