Date:      Tue, 25 Nov 2003 12:44:20 +0100
From:      =?iso-8859-1?Q?Jos=E9_Pedro_Navarro_C=E1novas?= <jpncanovas@hotmail.com>
To:        <questions@FreeBSD.org>
Subject:   questions to decide

Hello, I want to install a new operating system in to my new notebook.
I don't want to install any microsoft operating system, and I was asking =
myself
what operating system could I install, but I'm not sure now.

Well, some of my friends told me that I have to install Linux, but the =
opinions are
so fragmented. Some of my friends told me that I have to use Red Hat, =
others that=20
I have to try SuSE, others Debian, and some fiends told me about use =
Mandrake...

Well, I've tried all and I found some compatibility problems between =
distributions
and programs to use.

When I was working in other companies I've used SCO OpenServer Unix...

Anyway I'm so much confused, because the only I want is install an =
operating system
that support my notebook's hardware.

AMD processor, Broadband network card, pcmcia and network pcmcia card =
conceptronic,
ATI Radeon IGP card, USB, serial and parallel ports... iee ports... and =
all new hardware, but
I can't found some drivers in one or another distribution, and =
sometimes, in all distro...

I would like If you can tell me if I can install freeBSD 5.1 or newer to =
support full features of=20
my notebook.

The use I will do to my notebook is home and office use, perhaps to play =
some games, but most
cases is to use any free office program and to develop software under c, =
c++ or kylix language...

Thankyou so much... Regards,

Jose Pedro Navarro