Date:      Sun, 12 Aug 2001 01:18:22 -0700
From:      Terry Lambert <tlambert2@mindspring.com>
To:        Sheldon Hearn <sheldonh@starjuice.net>
Cc:        Michael Robinson <robinson@netrinsics.com>, current@FreeBSD.ORG, hackers@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: _sigprocmask in malloc.c causes full file table?

Sheldon Hearn wrote:
> On Sat, 11 Aug 2001 17:49:09 MST, Terry Lambert wrote:
>
> > If you are an experienced technical writer, or you are a an
> > English major, and can provide your bonifides
>
> I don't have the certifications that you think are required.

I have discovered that it is out of print.

However, The Open Group has made the work available on
the web in HTML form, free of charge; to view it, you
mist register and agree to their terms of access:

http://www.opengroup.org/online-pubs?DOC=007908799&FORM=HTML

One of the terms may be problematic; on the other hand, the
FreeBSD Foundation may be able to request and successfully
otain permission; here is the problematic term:

| You are permitted to read the HTML and PDF versions of Open
| Group publications using your HTML browser/Acrobat software
| and to download them for your own personal use provided you
| have given your name and email address for each publication
| requested. However, you are NOT permitted to amend, copy,
| reprint, offer for sale, or otherwise re-use material from these
| documents without explicit permission from The Open Group.

The print document that I have in hand (literally, in lap)
would certainly allow what I have suggested under Fair Use
doctorine.

I will look for a source of copies of the printed version
(Amazon appears to not have any, used or otherwise, nor
does Computer Literacy [Fat Brain], whis=ch is where I picked
my copy up).

-- Terry