Date:      Wed, 14 Jul 1999 08:19:26 -0500 (CDT)
From:      Patrick Walentiny <pezzy@vntech.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Question on soundcards (in general)

Hi there,
	I have been reading a lot of documentation on sound cards over the
past few days. (mostly within kernel comments, and/or documentation in the
form of readmes that come with the sourcecode.)  So far I have noted the
somewhat hatred fo creative labs product. (Well not nessesarilly product,
but more the lack of documentation about their chips.)  I have been
frustrated with that fact as well since I acctually do have a vibra16x
soundblaster.  With a lot of reworking I do have it working (limtedly, if
there is such a word =))  I can't get the mixer device to come up, or any
sort of midi for that matter.  My question is, what soundcards do people
(meaning mostly the developers, but to anyone in general who has had a
good measure of success with sound.) recomend?  What is the best (and/or)
most support soundcard (that is still available on the market).  Any
thoughts or comments please write back.

	Thanks, Patrick.