Date:      Mon, 12 Nov 2001 19:57:24 +0100
From:      "Ruben de Groot" <ruben@bzerk.org>
To:        "Ted Mittelstaedt" <tedm@toybox.placo.com>, "Noor Dawod" <noor@comrax.com>, "Guido Fortunati" <zuez@smartdigitalinc.com>
Cc:        <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: Max number of NIC's and aliases

I have setup a system with 20 aliases and using the jail(8) command to
create the same amount of virtual
servers. This is a test system and I was quite impressed with the results so
far, even under heavy load.
Therefore I was following this thread with interest wondering about the
limits of this kind of setup.

Now you tell me I'm on a road to total stupidity. Maybe, but I would like to
know why and what would
be the sane way to do it, so could you please expand on that?

greetings,
Ruben de Groot