Date:      Sat, 7 Dec 1996 12:09:18 -0800 (PST)
From:      Howard Lew <hlew@sequence.Stanford.EDU>
To:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Exabyte TR-3 tape backup

Has anyone tried using the Exabyte TR-3 tape backup with FreeBSD and
gotten it to work?  I have one of these beasts here and the 2.1.6R probe
does not find the device at all.  I tried adding the flags 0x1 and still
no luck.

The tape backup runs off the floppy tape controller.  And the box says
that it can compress up to 4.4Gigs (2.2Gigs uncompressed) on a Verbatim
TR-3 Extra Minicartridge.  Sounds great, but no dice so far...

Thanks in advance for any ideas or suggestions...  This would be awesome
if it worked.  If not, then I guess SCSI is the way to go and get that
expensive DAT drive.