Date:      Fri, 3 Aug 2001 14:25:35 -0500 (CDT)
From:      Nate Dannenberg <natedac@kscable.com>
To:        John Baldwin <jhb@FreeBSD.org>
Cc:        <hackers@FreeBSD.org>
Subject:   Re: PR 25958

> Ok.  You do know that 'fxtv' is developed on FreeBSD, right? :)  My TV _is_ my
> workstation. :)  Granted, I don't think you can watch DVD's on FreeBSD very
> easily.

Actually I'd never heard of FxTV.  I use XawTV, as buggy as it is.  The
problem isn't so much the application though, but rather, Xfree86 support for
my video card.  In order to use the TV tuner and video-in feautures of the ATI
All-in-Wonder 128 Pro and related cards, you have to use the drivers provided
by the GATOS project.

(I guess at this point the XFree86 team has decided not to roll these drivers
into the X source tree).

> > I can say though that the MTRR problem is definitely a bug - under Linux
> > MTRR's cause no trouble at all.
>
> Are you sure it's using them? :)

I'm positive I've seen at least one program report that MTRR's were being
used.  Of course now I can't find the program that reported it.  At any rate,
they're enabled:

natedac@daconcepts ~$ cat /proc/mtrr
reg00: base=0x00000000 (   0MB), size=  64MB: write-back, count=1
reg01: base=0x04000000 (  64MB), size=  32MB: write-back, count=1
reg02: base=0xf0000000 (3840MB), size=  16MB: write-combining, count=2