Date:      Tue, 17 Jul 2001 08:47:32 +0000 (GMT)
From:      "P. U. (Uli) Kruppa" <root@pukruppa.de>
To:        Ian Dowse <iedowse@maths.tcd.ie>
Cc:        Vladislav Saltanov <saltanov@mail.ru>, <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: I can't mount FAT16 disk

Hi Ian,

actually I did not write the first mail.
But I seem to have the same problem since last weekend, when
I cvsup-ped my FreeBSD -current.

I still can mount_cd9660 and of course FBSD's ufs but
mount_msdos will not work.

On Mon, 16 Jul 2001, Ian Dowse wrote:
> In message <20010716182256.Q345-100000@localhost.de,
> "P. U. (Uli) Kruppa" writes:
> >> #mount_msdos /dev/ad0s1 /mnt
> >> mount_msdos:vfsload(msdos):File exists
> >Try
> ># df -h
> >to find out if anything else is mounted on /mnt .
>
> The error is from "vfsload(msdos)", not from the mount system call,
> so that is unlikely. In fact, mount_msdos should actually allow
> you to mount one filesystem directly over another, but if you tried
> to mount two filesystems from the same device you should get a
> "Device busy" error.
You are right, I tested that.

> What version of FreeBSD are you running?
 -current

I had a look at my kernel-configuration file:
options 	MSDOSFS
is on.

> What is the output from the "kldstat" program?
Id Refs Address    Size     Name
 1    9 0xc0100000 46f9f8   kernel
 2    1 0xc1092000 12000    linux.ko
 4    4 0xc1195000 11000    netgraph.ko
 5    2 0xc11aa000 4000     ng_ether.ko
 6    1 0xc11ae000 7000     ng_pppoe.ko
 7    1 0xc11b5000 5000     ng_socket.ko

>Were your kernel modules compiled at the same time as the
> kernel?
(Hmm???)
I did
# make buildworld