Date:      Mon, 14 Aug 95 09:12:04 -0500
From:      "Jeff Wilson" <wilson@VNET.IBM.COM>
To:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: FreeBSD on Thinkpad 360CE

Thanks to the respondants, especially Nate.  I got the install to work
correctly.  Now, the machine boots up FreeBSD, but it doesn't recognize
the keyboard at the login prompt.  I tried every possible option that the
install program would let me (not very many really), but I couldn't get
the keymap for the OS to be right.  If it were nearly any other problem,
I could probably boot up single user and fix it, but with no keyboard, the
OS is pretty useless.

Does anyone have an suggestions about how to get the OS to recognize the
type 2 keycodes, given the right kernel?

If I have to modify sysinstall, I will.  I'm getting desperate at this point.

Jeff Wilson
wilson@vnet.ibm.com