Date:      Fri, 23 May 1997 22:47:02 +0200
From:      j@uriah.heep.sax.de (J Wunsch)
To:        jlemon@americantv.com (Jonathan Lemon)
Cc:        terry@lambert.org (Terry Lambert), alex@androcles.com (Duane H. Hesser), cat@uunet.ca, chat@hub.freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: UU.NET, SPAM, and Cyberpromotions (was Re: usregsite.com)

(Moved to -chat)

As Jonathan Lemon wrote:

> > I did report it, and haven't seen anything since after the second time
> > I had to report it to them; I got their canned response, so it may be
> > that they have taken care of this one.
>
> The problem with uu.net is that they lease their dialups to various
> ISPs, but there's no way to discover this from the information that
> uu.net provides.

> The annoyed victim complains to uu.net, ...

Well, but uu.net is in charge for this entire domain, and as long as
they don't even install MXes for their subdomains, so you could
complain e.g. at postmaster@foo.bar.ca.uu.net, i can't feel with them.

I've tried a few times to resolve MXes for the lower-level uu.net
subdomains, but it really looks the first level you could send mail to
again is uu.net itself.  So they have to bear the complaints then.

--
cheers, J"org