Date:      Thu, 31 Oct 1996 20:37:17 -0800
From:      "Harold Hoang" <dillusiv@netcom.com>
To:        <questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   9601014 write error -1 byte

Im getting problems installing BSD 961014...
I've downloaded the distribution TWICE.. (phew..) and i tried installing it
on my FIPS partition after recieving the error message I decided to get
another H.D and try it again.. but it still didnt work.. I already checked
that the dist. were in BINARY mode when I x-fered them.. I also had them
placed on Floppies just in case they work.. so far I still have no luck.. I
have als tried to change Drive geometries.. between actual settings and LBA
(trsnalation BIOS) for H.D settings in BSD and BIOS..  What I have NOTICED
though is that Linux installs prefectly fine.. as a last resort I tried
check (with the ALT-F2) to check out the message.. it says mount /DOS ..
blah blah.. and it looks for the distributions.. it seems to skip over the
bin.aa bin.ab .. then stops and reports and error with bin.ac, so i try it
again and this time it tells me that I have a write -1 byte error.. when Im
half when done with the Bin distributions..(so theres nothing wrong with
bin.ac) .. but theres also another error message.. shows something like
multiple sector... error????  not sure what it means nor what its trying to
tell me.. any help?...thanks