Date:      Mon, 22 Mar 2004 16:46:22 -0600
From:      "Brad Tarver" <btarver@fpwk.com>
To:        <Freebsd-newbies@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Syslog'ing PIX

------------=_1079995636-14243-362

I know I've done this before, so I know I'm not crazy.

I'm trying to log two PIX firewalls, one at 192.168.1.2 and the other is
at 192.168.100.2.

Both PIXs are configured like this:
logging on
logging timestamp
logging trap debugging
logging host inside 10.1.1.126

There is a way to tell syslogd to log to different files based on the
host
it's coming from:
hostname1:
*.*             /var/log/hostname1

hostname2:
*.*             /var/log/hostname2

I can't remember the modifier that goes on the hostname line to make
syslog separate the files. Does anyone know? I thought it was a : or a !

--
Brad Tarver, CCNA
Network Administrator

Furbling, v.:
        Having to wander through a maze of ropes at an airport or bank
even when you are the only person in line.
                -- Rich Hall, "Sniglets"

Important Confidentiality And Limited Liability Notice

This email and any attachments may be confidential and protected by law. If=
 you are not the intended recipient, be aware that any disclosure, copying,=
 distribution or use of the email or any attachment is prohibited. If you h=
ave received this email in error, please notify us immediately by replying =
to the sender and deleting this copy and the reply from your system. Please=
 note that any views or opinions expressed in this email are solely those o=
f the author and do not necessarily represent those of Forman Perry Watkins=
 Krutz & Tardy LLP. (FPWK&T). The recipient should check this email and any=
 attachments for the presence of viruses. FPWK&T accepts no liability for a=
ny damage caused by any virus transmitted by this email. Thank you for your=
 cooperation.

------------=_1079995636-14243-362--