Date:      Thu, 30 Aug 2001 20:35:05 -0400
From:      "Paul A. Howes" <pahowes@fair-ware.com>
To:        <freebsd-stable@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   FreeBSD and Athlon Processors

All-

In the past, I had heard that Linux and FreeBSD didn't work well on the
Athlon processors.  Have all of the issues since been resolved?  Now that
Tyan has the TigerMP motherboard out for around $200, and the 1.2 GHz Athlon
MP chips are around $160, building a multiprocessor system is looking like a
better and better idea.  However, I wanted to first make sure that there are
no problems that I should be aware of.

Thanks!

--
Paul A. Howes