Date:      Sun, 5 May 2002 17:44:38 -0500
From:      Martin McGreal <martin@mcgreal.org>
To:        freebsd-alpha@freebsd.org
Subject:   smp support for alphas?

Hello,

Sorry if this is documented somewhere and I missed it, but I cannot figure
out how to get smp support compiled into my 4.5 kernel. Is it available in
that kernel? I specify "options SMP" in my config file, but the compile
complains of missing header files (mp_*.h) during the make depend. What do I
need to do to get multiprocessor support for my alpha? I also tried CVS'ing
the source for 5.0-current, but that compile failed as well, apparently still
missing the necessary header files. I have an Alphaserver 1200.

Thanks for any help,
Martin