Date:      Tue, 30 May 2000 21:30:49 -0700
From:      Kent Stewart <kstewart@3-cities.com>
To:        "Dan B." <danielb@pacex.net>
Cc:        Jon Rust <jpr@vcnet.com>, freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: Daemontools won't compile on 3.4-STABLE

"Dan B." wrote:

> On Tue, 30 May 2000, Jon Rust wrote:
>
> > .70 is the latest AFAIK. Start there and see what happens. (FWIW, .61
> > and .70 both compiled fine on my 3.4S & 4.0S boxes).
> >
> > jon
>
> I know, but .70 will not compile from ports package can't be found at
> Master and Backupsite ? says fetch it manually to /usr/ports/distfiles and
> I went to ftp.FreeBSD.org and had a hard time finding
> Daemontools-0.70.tar.gz If you find it send it to me please
> Thanks

I tried looking browsing
ftp://cr.yp.to/daemontools/daemontools-0.70.tar.gz and it instantly
started downloading the file. What were you trying to use? It also
built on my 4.0-Stable system. I don't have any 3.x's to try it on.

Kent

> Dan
>

> > At 12:01 PM -0700 5/30/00, Dan B wrote:
> > >Hi Folks;
> > >I am wrestling to get Daemontools-0.60 to compile on my FreeBSD-3.4-stable
> > >system, compiling from ports fails because the packagcan't be found both
> > >at the master site and FreeBSD backup site. And I downloaded the
> > >deamontools-0.61 from
> > >ftp://ftp.koobera.math.uic.edu/www/daemontools/daemontools-0.61.tar.gz
> > >and when I tried make I get the following errors:
> > >
> > >./compile softlimit.c
> > >In fileincluded from softlimit.c:3
> > >/usr/include/sys/resource.h:58 field `ru_utime' has incomplete type
> > >*** Error Code 1
> > >
> > >Any help appreciated
> > >
> > >Dan

> > >with "unsubscribe freebsd-questions" in the body of the message

Kent Stewart
Richland, WA

mailto:kstewart@3-cities.com

SETI(Search for Extraterrestrial Intelligence) @ HOME