Date:      Tue, 18 Nov 1997 08:20:40 -0500
From:      Randall Hopper <rhh@ct.picker.com>
To:        Joachim Wunder <Joachim.Wunder@lrz.tu-muenchen.de>
Cc:        multimedia@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: [Fxtv 0.45]: can only select one channel (from vcr)

Joachim Wunder:
 |Hmmmmm...I just tried all that I could, but nothing helps. :(
 |The card works great under Win95 at least. But when I start up fxtv 0.46
 |I get the following message:
 |
 |TVSCREENCapConfigure() failed: Direct video region outside bounds of display
 |
 |Maybe this is the reason for me not getting any channel to tune in?

Yep, that would do it.  Fxtv is performing a last minute sanity check to
avoid walking on memory outside of the video card's linear frame buffer.
This sounds like an X server DGA bug.

Try moving you TV window to the middle of your X display, and shrink it down.

Before we start digging into this direct video error, run fxtv with
"-disableDirectV" first and we'll avoid the issue in favor of verifying
first that you can tune in channels with the bt848 driver.

Randall