Date:      Fri, 05 Jan 1996 14:54:11 -0800
From:      "Amancio Hasty Jr." <hasty@rah.star-gate.com>
To:        "Justin T. Gibbs" <gibbs@freefall.freebsd.org>
Cc:        hackers@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: meteor driver and recent stable

Okay,

I think that this a new problem with the latest sound driver which
most of you are not running. Somehow, whatever went into the kernel
lately has triggered a bug in the sound driver or maybe the
bug was always there and it is now showing consistently in the sound driver.

The reason why I am blaming the sound driver is because I now I have
vic up and running and typing all of this whereas in the past few hours
just a few seconds of playing with vic with video capture would crash my
system the minute that I tried to access the sound driver with vat.
vat-4.0a2 + my GUS PnP and no vic seems to be okay however if
I use vic + vat my system crashes.This may correlate with a
previously reported crash from Jordan with my latest sound driver and
his Gus MAX. None of this makes that much sense  at this point so I guess
I have my weekend hacking cut out for me 8)

	Tnks,
	Amancio