Date:      Thu, 21 Aug 1997 15:18:58 -0300 (EST)
From:      Joao Carlos Mendes Luis <jonny@mailhost.coppe.ufrj.br>
To:        bmcgover@cisco.com (Brian McGovern)
Cc:        questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: 3C905 does 100Mb?

#define quoting(Brian McGovern)
// I remember reading somewhere that the 3Com 3C9XX series was supported with

Well.  Yes and no.

It works at 100Mbps speeds, but NFS performance has serious problems because
of the very small buffer these NICs have.

Use the DOS config to disable speed autodetection, and compile a kernel with
the vx network driver.

// FreeBSD (I own half a dozen), but only in 10 Mb mode? Is this true, or was I
// just dreaming?

					Jonny

--
Joao Carlos Mendes Luis			jonny@gta.ufrj.br