Date:      Tue, 11 Sep 2001 11:49:13 -0500
From:      Mike Meyer <mwm@mired.org>
To:        GB Clark II <gclarkii@vsservices.com>
Cc:        questions@freebsd.org, joup@bigfoot.com
Subject:   Re: adding to the FAQ(s)

GB Clark II <gclarkii@vsservices.com> types:
> On Monday 10 September 2001 19:01, you wrote:
> > Given the numbers of questions I had to wade through to get this so=
mewhat
> > aged answer, I was thinking that it might be a good candidate for
> > inclusion in the FreeBSD FAQ.  So my question really is, what's the=
 best
> > way to get an "official" statement on this into the FAQ?  If anybod=
y cares
> > to update on the current status of Mr. Hibma's project, I'd also li=
ke to
> > know.
> The way I would go would be to create the section in questions (eithe=
r in=20
> docbook or just plain text) and send it to the doc mailing list for i=
nclusion.

The right way to "send it to the doc mailing list" is to submit it as
a PR.

> I would also bug whoever the FAQ maintainer is now (probley the doc p=
roject)
> to commit it.

I've never needed that. My new FAQ entries usually get committed - or
rejected - in a few days.

FWIW, I recall a note from the ATA driver author -  S=F8ren Schmidt -
that he had SCSI emulation working for ATA CDs working in his local
source tree, and all the drives that had problems with burncd had
problems with cdrecord.

=09<mike
--
Mike Meyer <mwm@mired.org>=09=09=09http://www.mired.org/home/mwm/
Independent WWW/Perforce/FreeBSD/Unix consultant, email for more inform=