Date:      Sat, 1 Jun 1996 14:08:13 -0500 (CDT)
From:      "Matthew N. Dodd" <winter@jurai.net>
To:        "Jordan K. Hubbard" <jkh@time.cdrom.com>
Cc:        freebsd-stable@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: stable breakage

On Sat, 1 Jun 1996, Jordan K. Hubbard wrote:
> merged.  If something is simply broken because it was merged insufficiently,
> then the additional merging needs to be done (the number of mutual
> dependencies in our tree is now somewhat insane, I'm quickly learning).

I seem to remember a discrete merge involving the locale directory...
What was the CVS log for that?

> As a matter of fact, I'm now thinking about merging libc wholesale
> and stop trying to dance around the thread changes.  The thread changes
> appear to be benign, by putting them into 2.1 we'd also be giving people
> a chance to work with them (since so many hack on the latest releases
> and do NOT run -current, for one reason or another [usually network lossage]).

Yep.  Sounds like a plan.

> Anyway, I've got several boxes now coming on line to start regression
> testing in earnest, and I'm confident that I'll be able to get the tree
> back into shape (along with additional merging - might as well merge
> and fix in one pass) by late tonite..

Cool.  I shouldn't be doing complex things while I'm asleep anyway.
(I supped -stable and made world in my sleep!  I'm so k-rad! *gack*)

| Matthew N. Dodd   | winter@jurai.net    | http://www.jurai.net/~winter    |
| Technical Manager | mdodd@intersurf.net | http://www.intersurf.net        |
| InterSurf Online  | "Welcome to the net Sir, would you like a handbasket?"|