Date:      Wed, 08 May 1996 20:22:00 -0400
From:      Parag Chhibber <pchhibbe@attila.stevens-tech.edu>
To:        freebsd-chat@freebsd.org
Subject:   Different versions of FreeBSD

Hi.

I've done quite a bit of reading around, and just wanted to make sure that I
understood the differences between the versions of FreeBSD.

        -RELEASE  : The absolutely safest version of FreeBSD  (currently 2.1)

        -STABLE   : A newer version then the release, with some more bugfixes

        -CURRENT  : A newer version the the stable, basically a little less
stable.

        -SNAPSHOT : The newest "version" of FreeBSD.

Is that correct?  If it is, then I guess if I want to start an ISP, I should
start familiarizing myself with -RELEASE?

Thanks in advance for your time and effort.

-Parag Chhibber