Date:      Tue, 10 Feb 1998 19:38:23 -0800 (PST)
From:      Doug White <dwhite@gdi.uoregon.edu>
To:        "A. Ling" <aling@alum.mit.edu>
Cc:        FreeBSD-questions <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: Are cutoff dates posted? (was: Re: Compiling kernel for Multiple LUNS)

On Tue, 10 Feb 1998, A. Ling wrote:

> On Sun, 8 Feb 1998 23:15:35 -0800 (PST),
>  Doug White <dwhite@gdi.uoregon.edu> wrote:
> >They have been imported into CURRENT, and so will see daylight in an
> >official capacity in that version, unless they can sneak it into -STABLE
> >before the cutoff date, in which case it'll make it into 2.2.6.
>
> Are these cutoff dates posted anywhere, or do they change frequently,
> or perhaps are only known or determined a day or few in advance?

There are no *exact* dates until the final -RELEASE is cut.  Watching
-hackers will give you ideas of when stuff is coming up because they'll
announce the official -BETA cutoff date, etc.  I saw the 2.2.6-BETA
warning a while ago, which is why I'm mentioning 2.2.6.  Of course, they
could find stuff horribly broken and throw 2.2.6 back for more work..