Date:      05 Jun 2001 00:39:18 -0700
From:      Ken McGlothlen <mcglk@artlogix.com>
To:        "Randall Cook" <randall@wildcat.com>
Cc:        <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.org>
Subject:   Re: FreeBSD advice

"Randall Cook" <randall@wildcat.com> writes:

| While NFS and Samba will obviously get me Linux and Windows support, can you
| recommand a package that will provide Mac OS support?  In other words, I need
| software that runs on FreeBSD that speaks AFP (Appletalk Filing Protocol).

Sure.  It's called netatalk.  There are two versions:

        /usr/ports/net/netatalk
        /usr/ports/net/netatalk-asun

The first is netatalk 1.5p6.  Details can be found at

        http://netatalk.sourceforge.net/

The second is netatalk 1.4b2 with improvements by A. Sun.  More details at

        http://www.umich.edu/~rsug/netatalk/

| I look forward to your reply, and thanks for your time. If I am abusing this
| email address, I apologize.

You're not at all.  This is what the questions@freebsd.org address is for.  :)

                                                        ---Ken