Date:      Sun, 29 Sep 2002 16:18:05 -0700
From:      walt <wa1ter@hotmail.com>
To:        freebsd-current@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: XFree86 crash, Bezier thing

Wesley Morgan wrote:
> Yes, i don't see any -stable systems bombing out. But it _always_ occurrs
> when typing. No matter what app...

I've seen in most often when starting X/gnome.  Almost always happens
when gnome-panel is just appearing on screen.  No typing going on yet,
naturally.

If gnome-panel is using a TypeI font that might account for it.

Oddly, though, usually if I just type startx a second time it all
starts OK.  Later it may crash with mozilla also, of course.

I took TypeI out of my fonts-path and so far no more crashes, but
it's been less than 24 hours, so still a bit early to crow.