Date:      Tue, 18 Nov 2003 19:42:43 +0000
From:      Jens Rehsack <rehsack@liwing.de>
To:        Vahric MUHTARYAN <vahric@doruk.net.tr>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Kernel Module Support ?!!? and Kernel Limits ..

Vahric MUHTARYAN wrote:
> Hi Everyboy ,
>
> 	I'm using FreeBSD 5.1 , I red documents and it said that -
> FreeBSD Support moduler environment .
>
> 	I want to know How can I make a moduler somethings like RAID
> Device or something else because GENERIC is only text file and I can
> delete or put "#"  for kernel does not support that driver buil-in . in
> Linux I can choose which one is will be built-in which one is moduler

When you build a kernel, usually all available modules are build, too.
If you comment out sth., it's not linked static into the kernel, but
the module will be available.

See kldload(8) for details.

> 	Then I checked /boot/modules nothing there ... then I checked
> /boot/defaults/loader.conf I saw modules can be stored in /boot/kernel
> directory all of them are have ko ext. it will be funny but FreeBSD make
> moduler all things ?!!!?!

I don't understand your question. Can you please ask it in other words?

> 	And Where can I find Kernel limits I know I can extend it with
> sysctl but limits ... ?!

See sysctl.conf(5) and loader.conf(5) as well as sysctl(8).

> Vahric

Best regards,
Jens